Welcome, Parents, to the Gonzaga Prep Parent Volunteer Program!
Volunteering is a long-standing tradition at Gonzaga Prep. Participation in the Parent Volunteer Program allows all families to be involved in the life of the school. The value of the Parent Volunteer Program lies in your presence; it's about parent engagement and involvement in helping to build this community. Your commitment and involvement is invaluable to the Prep experience, and is shown to lead to better student behavior, higher academic achievement, and enhanced social skills. You model our mission by living in service to other. So, thank you!
The gift of volunteering helps offset the costs of things that would otherwise come out of our budget. Thousands of dollars are saved every year by the thousands of hours our volunteers donate to Gonzaga Prep. The Volunteer Office provides a variety of opportunities, in a variety of areas:
- Office Work
- Annual Fund/Corporate Companions
All families are asked and expected to complete 20 volunteer hours every year. You will receive email blast requests, but I also have listed all the volunteer opportunities (that we currently know of) that are available during the school year. This is to help you plan your volunteering. Please take a few moments to read the program guidelines below.
Thank you for your continued support! We want your time spent with us to be of value. If there is something you'd like to contribute, please contact me. How can I get YOU involved in the life of this school?
*PLEASE READ THESE VOLUNTEER PROGRAM GUIDELINES*:
- Volunteer program is for enrolled students only.
- Hours for the school year are accumulated July 1-June 30 (Prep's fiscal year).
- Families are asked and expected to complete 20 volunteer hours each academic year.
- Hours must be submitted BEFORE July 1.
- Please submit hours after volunteering is completed.
- Submitted hours must come from a Gonzaga Prep event - any volunteering done that does not effect Gonzaga Prep does not count.
- Volunteering for Ancilla, Knights of the Leash, Food Drive collecting, Search, or what is required as part of a team/club/activity does not count toward the family hours commitment.
- Student work done during a JUG does not count toward the family commitment.
- Extra hours do not flow over to the following year.
- Late night/clean up crews get double hours.
- It is up to the family to submit the hours.
- Gift card donations must be a minimum of $10; you'll get 1 volunteer hour for every $10 denomination.
- Food donations: Everything store bought = 1 hr for every $10.; HOMEMADE baked good = 1 hr for every 2 dozen
- If signing up for multiple volunteers, please list each person in the "First Name" box.
- If you have more than one child enrolled, please list all of their names in the "First Name" box on the hours submission form.
- Students are not allowed to volunteer with their parents at 21 and older events, unless otherwise stated.
TO CHECK YOUR FAMILY'S HOURS: Log on to your family's Skyward Account, click on "Student Info" and look for "Community Service". Those are your volunteer hours. Remember that once you submit your volunteer hours, the form goes to Adriana Berndt to log them into Skyward - that is why your hours don't update right away.
Completed Family Hours for 2018-2019
Barnett, Hollis & Avery
Becker, Chase & Jesse
Deadmarsh, Alexis & Madison
De Felice, Antonio
DiMaio, Cassandra & Tia
Heister, Dylan & Ashley
Hurley, Aine, & Liam
Keyes, Jacob & Grace
Myers, Joel & Lydia
O'Connell, James & Alaina
Preti, Caleb & Callah
Riordan, Trevor & Colin
Szacik, Emily & Madeline
Torres, Paulina & Maria
Voelker, Ryan & Cassidy