Thank you for your interest in Gonzaga Prep! Students join us from more than 40 zip codes in the greater Spokane area from many different schools, and our holistic admissions process helps ensure that all Gonzaga Prep students can be supported to their fullest potential in a college preparatory curriculum. We emphasize personalized education at Prep and hope your family feels that during the admissions process; please contact our Director of Admissions, Katie O'Brien
, if you have any questions about the process.
CLASS OF 2024 - ADMISSIONS INFORMATION
All 9th grade applicants must submit the following admissions materials for consideration:
- Online Application* - The admissions application for the 2020-21 school year is now available. The application takes approximately 20 minutes and it's best to complete in one sitting. The priority deadline for completing the application is December 8th. Applications received after that point will be considered on a space available basis. Use this link to start the application.
* If you currently have a student at Gonzaga Prep, please log in to Skyward Family Access and click "Gonzaga Prep Application” to complete the application.*
- Student Evaluation Form - Please give to a teacher, counselor or principal to complete. Your students school should send the form, along with 7th & 8th grade scores and standardized tests, directly to Gonzaga Prep.
- Placement Exam - To ensure students are placed in appropriate classes, all new 9th graders take a placement exam. The Placement Exam dates are Friday, December 6th and Saturday, December 7th. Students unable to take the placement exam on those dates will be able to schedule a makeup exam.
Gonzaga Prep proctors the High School Placement Test (HSPT). There are five sections on the HSPT: Verbal Skills, Quantitative Skills, Reading, Mathematics, and Language. For more information regarding the test, please visit www.ststesting.com/hspt/
Admissions decisions for students who meet the December 8th priority application deadline will be mailed in late January.
Please contact the Katie O'Brien, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (509) 777-8122.
GONZAGA PREP ADMISSIONS POLICY
Gonzaga Prep assists families in providing opportunities for the balanced Christian development of their children. Serving the Catholic community, as well as those who share its philosophy and values, the school admits students who are judged to be qualified to complete the four-year high school program. The focus of the academic curriculum is college preparatory, though programs are available for those students needing further assistance in their development of learning and basic skills. Our goal is to help each young person to develop to his or her potential academically, spiritually, physically, socially, and culturally. Gonzaga Prep is committed to enrolling students who have the potential as well as the motivation to achieve in the Gonzaga Prep program. Gonzaga Prep admits students of any race, color, or national or ethnic origin.
Experience has shown that the best criteria for selection of students consists of a combination of the following:
- academic ability and performance in junior high school course work
- results of the entrance/placement exam given at Gonzaga Prep
- recommendations and evaluations from teachers, counselors, or administrators who know the applicant well
Accepted applicants will be notified in early February. We have room for 250 freshmen for the class of 2024. All applications completed by the above dates will be processed together and determinations mailed in February. Applications completed after December 8th will be reviewed and processed on a space available basis.