The Magis Retreat
Magis is modeled on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Jesuits. It is designed to invite seniors into a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It calls the senior to openness to growth, personal prayer, silent reflection and community with her/his classmates. The format includes meditations/talks, silent prayer periods and small group sharing. In addition, there is plenty of free time for walks, relaxation, recreation, reading and individual prayer.
This retreat is exclusively for members of the senior class. It is not a repeat of the junior Search; it takes Search much deeper spiritually and prayerfully. It challenges the senior to take a look at their spirituality as it is now and may be in the future.
The decision to register for this retreat is a serious one and should not be taken lightly. Those not willing to reflect on their relationship with God and be open to deepening it in a communal setting should not register. There is a day only retreat through the Spiritual Exercises offered on Prep's Campus.
If students would like to attend the Magis retreat but have other obligations or conflicts, the third senior retreat option is Magis on Campus. In this on-campus version of the Magis retreat, students are led by Mrs. Ma'ake through the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius at Manresa House and in our own Chapel of the Three Companions. This is an ideal choice for students with evening responsibilities who are still interested in the Magis retreat.
Magis Team Applicants:
Team Magis members should:
- Be faith-filled and/or faith-seeking
- Have good attendance at school
- Have an ability to interact positively with peers and adults
- Be open to others' faith sharing and exploration
- Be comfortable sharing your life and faith journey with the team, with a large group, and with small groups at the retreat
- Be able to meet one to two times at lunch each week from September - January to reflect on and share with one another the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius