Gonzaga Prep welcomes qualified sophomore and junior students to transfer to Gonzaga Prep at the beginning of school year and at semester. Students who wish to transfer to Gonzaga Prep must have a minimum 2.5 GPA and on track for meeting Gonzaga Prep's graduation requirements.
Gonzaga Prep does not accept senior level students unless there is a family transfer into the geographical area or a petition of unique circumstances.
Students wishing to transfer to Gonzaga Prep must complete the following components:
- Student Application: Create an account to apply. A temporary username and password will be sent to the email provided, as well as more instructions. * If you currently have a student at Gonzaga Prep, please log in to Skyward Family Access and click “New Student Enrollment” to complete the application.*
- Transfer Student Recommendation Form (attached below): Please give this form to a teacher, counselor or principal to complete. They should send it directly to Gonzaga Prep (email, fax or mail is acceptable).
- Transcript: Please have your most current unofficial transcript sent to Gonzaga Prep.
- Student Discipline Report: Ask an administrator or the registrar at previous school for a copy of a student's discipline record. If no discipline has occurred, the page will read blank.
- Essay: A brief essay written by the student about their desire to attend Gonzaga Prep. (1-2 pages, double spaced)
After a transfer file is complete, the Admissions Office will contact you to set up an interview. An interview is the final step in the Admissions process for all transfer students.
Gonzaga Prep assists families in providing opportunities for the balanced Christian development of their children. Serving the Catholic community, as well as those who share its philosophy and values, the school admits students who are judged to be qualified to complete the four-year high school program. The focus of the academic curriculum is college preparatory, though programs are available for those students needing further assistance in their development of learning and basic skills. Our goal is to help each young person to develop to his or her potential academically, spiritually, physically, socially, and culturally. Gonzaga Prep is committed to enrolling students who have the potential as well as the motivation to achieve in the Gonzaga Prep program. Gonzaga Prep admits students of any race, color, or national or ethnic origin.
Experience has shown that the best criteria for selection of students consist of a combination of the following:
- academic ability and performance in high school coursework and current coursework
- interview with applicant and family
- recommendations and evaluations from teachers, counselors, or administrators who know the applicant well
Transfer students are accepted on a space-available basis. Please contact the Admissions Office at (509) 483-8512 or email@example.com