Freshman Retreat 2019
Monday, October 28, 2019
One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. ~ Ephesians 4:6
Dear Parents/Guardians of Freshmen,
The Freshman SPARK Retreat is a rich experience that guides students to more fully encounter the Prep community, themselves, and God.
When & Where? Monday, October 28
Students should arrive at the Warehouse by 8:00 am on Monday, October 28.
Lunch will be provided. Please contact Vanessa Mudd, firstname.lastname@example.org
by Thursday, October 10, with any dietary restrictions. If your student has unreported restrictions, please send him/her with a packed lunch from home.
Students must be picked up at 2:30 pm at The Warehouse. If students have after-school activities at Prep, we will have a transport to take them. If any students are not picked up by 2:45 pm, they will be transported back to Prep to wait for their rides.
Part of the retreat will take place on the Gonzaga University campus with Gonzaga Prep adult supervision.
What to bring and what not to bring?
- Please sign and return the permission form to your student’s Scripture teacher by Thursday, October 11. A form is online at www.gprep.com > Student Life > Faith & Service Home > Freshman Retreat. (or click below)
- A portion of this retreat takes place outside – students must have sweatshirts, coats, close-toed shoes/boots, etc.
- Freshmen should bring a labeled water bottle.
- Freshmen will be excused from classes on Monday, 10/28. Even though teachers are aware of Freshman Retreat, students are encouraged to touch base with their teachers prior to their absence on 10/28. Students should NOT bring iPads, backpacks, books, paper, etc.
- Normal dress code applies. Part of the day will involve sitting on the floor.
- Cell phones may not be used during the retreat. If you need to contact your student during the retreat, please call me on my cell phone at 509-999-5128. I will be happy to relay messages or put you in touch with your student if need be.
How can I help?
Please sign up to donate food items for the retreat (go to www.gprep.com
> Student Life > Faith & Service > Retreat Food Needed or (click here) please deliver your donations to the Campus Ministry offices in the Barbieri Student Center by Wednesday, October 16.
We need 6 parent/guardian volunteers to help prepare sandwiches in the Barbieri Student Center prior to the retreat. Please sign up at www.gprep.com
> Student Life > Faith & Service Home > Parent/Guardian Volunteers and Retreat Food Needed, if you are able to help.
An essential aspect of a Gonzaga Preparatory School education is spiritual formation, so attendance at the retreat is mandatory.
The retreat is directed by the Campus Ministry team, chaperoned by teachers, and facilitated by junior and senior leaders who voluntarily offer their time because they want to provide a great day for your student. Please keep the freshmen in your prayers.