Freshman Retreat 2018
One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. ~ Ephesians 4:6
Dear Parents/Guardians of Freshmen,
The Freshman Spark Retreat is a rich experience that guides students to encounter the Prep community, themselves, and God.
When & Where?
- Students should be dropped off at the Warehouse (800 N Hamilton St, Spokane, WA 99202) by 8:00 a.m., on TBD.
- No breakfast will be served; please have students eat before they arrive.
- Lunch will be provided. Please contact Jennifer Christopher, email@example.com, by TBD, with any dietary restrictions.
- Students may be picked up at the Warehouse at 2:30 p.m.
What to bring and what not to bring?
- Please sign and return the permission form to your student’s Scripture teacher by TBD. The form is posted at the bottom of this page.
- A portion of this retreat takes place outside--students must have sweatshirts, coats, closed-toed shoes/boots etc.
- Freshmen should bring a labeled water bottle.
- Freshmen will be excused from classes on the day of the event.
- Even though teachers are aware of Freshman Retreat, students are encouraged to touch base with their teachers prior to their absence.
- Students should NOT bring iPads, backpacks, books, paper, etc. to the Warehouse.
- Normal school dress code applies. Part of the day will involve sitting on the floor.
- Cell phones may not be used during the retreat. * If you need to contact your student during the retreat, please call me on my cell phone at 509-999-5128. I will be happy to relay messages or put you in touch with your student if need be.
How can I help?
- Please sign up to donate food items for the retreat (go to gprep.com> Student Life > Faith & Service > Retreat Food Needed or click here) please deliver your donations to the Campus Ministry offices of Prep by TBD.
- We need 6 parent/guardian volunteers to help prepare food in the Barbieri Student Center from 2pm-5pm TBD. Please sign up at gprep.com > Student Life > Faith & Service Home > Parent/Guardian Volunteers and Retreat Food Needed or click here.
An essential aspect of a Gonzaga Preparatory School education is spiritual formation, so attendance at the retreat is mandatory. The retreat is directed by the Campus Ministry team and Youth Ministry Directors from around the Diocese of Spokane. It is also chaperoned by teachers and facilitated by junior and senior leaders who voluntarily offer their time because they want to provide a great day for your student. Please keep the freshmen in your prayers.
For more info or questions contactMrs. Jennifer Christopher, firstname.lastname@example.org, 483-8511 x240.