Freshman Retreat 2020
Monday, Oct 26 (Aloysius Cohort) and Tuesday, Oct 27 (Gonzaga Cohort)
One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. ~ Ephesians 4:6
Dear Parents/Guardians of Freshmen,
The Freshman SPARK Retreat is a rich experience that guides students to more fully encounter the Prep community, themselves, and God.
When & Where? Monday, October 26 and Tuesday, October 27
The retreat will take place on the Gonzaga Prep campus, during the after-school block, from 1pm to 3pm, according to your cohort.
Details will be sent out by email, in the daily announcements, and the parents newsletter.
We appreciate your patience as we work to facilitate our retreat and faith formation programming with the safety of our students foremost in our planning.
What to bring and what not to bring?
- Please sign and return the permission form that has been emailed to the Class of 2024 and posted in the parent's newsletter.
- A portion of this retreat takes place outside – students must have sweatshirts, coats, close-toed shoes/boots, etc.
- Freshmen should bring a labeled water bottle.
- Students should NOT bring iPads, backpacks, books, paper, etc.
- Normal dress code applies. Part of the day will involve sitting on the floor.
- Cell phones may not be used during the retreat. If you need to contact your student during the retreat, please call Ms. Ma'ake on her cell phone at 619-886-7322. I will be happy to relay messages or put you in touch with your student if need be.
How can I help?
An essential aspect of a Gonzaga Preparatory School education is spiritual formation, so attendance at the retreat is mandatory.
The retreat is directed by the Campus Ministry team, chaperoned by teachers, and facilitated by junior and senior leaders who voluntarily offer their time because they want to provide a great day for your student. Please keep the freshmen in your prayers!
For more info or questions, contact Tefi Ma'ake firstname.lastname@example.org