2022 Gonzaga Preparatory ONLINE Summer School
June 27th - July 27th
Gonzaga Prep summer school offers an opportunity to recover a credit that was not successfully earned during the normal school year. Credit recovery is only an option for students who earned a D+, D, or F in the school course. Both the original course title and grade and the repeated course title and grade will appear on the transcript. However, only the higher grade of the two will be factored into the cumulative G.P.A.
Gonzaga Prep partners with Red Comet to offer online summer school classes. Red Comet is a web-based accredited education that provides instructor-led online courses to students. Work progress in summer school is monitored by the Red Comet instructor and the Gonzaga Prep Summer school Director.
- The link to register with Red Comet will be available on June 18th and you will be notified if you need to take Summer School classes to be able to return to Gonzaga Prep in the fall.
- The student will register with Red Comet directly.
- The courses will be completely online, taught by a Red Comet instructor.
- The cost per core course is $195, enrichment courses: $285, and AP courses: $350.
- The summer school will start on June 27th and end on July 27th.
- The courses are self-paced, but there are weekly goals that students need to meet to show progress. Each Red Comet instructor will provide the instruction, course objectives, and assignments.
- Once the student has completed the course, Red Comet will send Gonzaga Prep a transcript and the student will receive credit for the course toward graduation. The grade in the Red Comet course will replace the previous course grade in the GPA calculation even though the original grade will still show on the transcript.
If you have questions concerning the Gonzaga Preparatory Summer school program, contact Karen Round at Gonzaga Prep via email, [email protected].