Leadership Spokane is accepting applications for the 2020 year! We need alumni help in spreading the word about our great program! You can make a referral or share our application process, found on our website.
Applications must be submitted by April 1, 2019. Submit by March 1, 2019 for entry into our raffle!
The University of Washington Foster School of Business has a unique opportunity for rising high school juniors and seniors who are interested in studying business called the Foster Young Women’s Leadership Summit!
Program Overview: 3.5-day academic /residential immersion program
Program Dates: Sunday, July 14 – Wednesday, July 17
Program Schedule: Standard program times are 9:00 am - 5:00 pm with evening activities.
Application Deadline: Monday, March 11th at 11:59 pm
What to Expect
By joining this program, you will take your first step into the business world at one of the top public universities in the nation. The Foster Young Women's Leadership Summit has programming from 9-5PM daily and is filled with team building activities, leadership development, student and alumni connections, and faculty lectures in the areas of finance, information systems, and operations and supply chain management. In the evening, the fun continues with exploration activities around the residence halls and the university. All meals will be provided during the three and a half day program.
Join us and connect with other like-minded young women while exploring the world of business through faculty and current student interactions!
- Be a rising high school junior or senior (Class of 2020 or 2021)
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (unofficial transcripts are required)
- Participate in extracurricular activities (as showcased through the activities and achievements submission in the application)
- Have a demonstrated interest in learning more about business (either through activities, coursework, or as exhibited through the personal statement)
- Submit a fully completed online application before the deadline
- First generation college students are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Materials Required
Student Program Fee: $200 per student
The cost of the three and a half day program is $200 which includes accommodations, meals, activities, and program materials. Scholarship application available for students with demonstrated financial need.
Application Information & Deadlines
Online Application: www.tinyurl.com/wlsfoster2019
Application Deadline: 3/11/2019
Decisions Announced: 4/26/2019
*Check out Questbridge's 2019 College Prep Scholars Program. Through the College Prep Scholars Program, high-achieving, low-income high school juniors can receive special awards and opportunities, including a full scholarship to a college summer program, an invitation to a National College Admissions Conference, campus visits, essay feedback, and more. The deadline for students to apply is March 20, 2019.
* Students attending Jesuit high schools do not have to pay the application fee at College of the Holy Cross
or Seattle University
. The counselors also have alumni fee waivers for Gonzaga University
* If you qualify financially, the counselors have a limited number of application and SAT/ACT fee waivers available. See your counselor for specifics.
* Be sure to routinely check the Financial Aid & Scholarships page! We are receiving information about scholarship opportunities on a regular basis - don't miss out on an opportunity!
*Check out the great resources available for your college planning!